VOLUNTEER POSITION: Construction Volunteers - Build Site
Would you like to see a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live? Is flexibility in your schedule important to you? Do you have an interest in helping to build homes? Whether you’re a contractor or have never picked up a hammer in your life, our Habitat for Humanity PEI Build Site Volunteer opportunity is for you!
Habitat’s mission is to mobilize volunteers and communities to help working, lower income families build strength, stability, and self-reliance through affordable homeownership.
What you need to know:
- Volunteers are not required to have prior building experience
- Onsite training is provided by our skilled Crew Leaders
- Volunteers are required to bring their own CSA approved, green label, steel toed boots, safety goggles and work gloves
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years old to build
- Volunteers under the age of 18 require a waiver signed by a parent or guardian
- Minimum shift is 8 hours, from 8:00 am – 4:00pm
- You can volunteer for one day or on a regular basis
- Able to learn to use construction tools and equipment with training and supervision
- Ability to lift 20-30lbs
- Assist in providing a safe and healthy working environment
- Come with a willingness to learn from experienced volunteers and staff and to work as part of a team.
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm, flexibility, and a sense of humor are always key!
- Tasks are not always glamorous, so be prepared to do a variety of things.
- Gain practical experience in skilled trades
- Meet new people and network with like-minded individuals
- Give back to your community and help provide affordable home ownership
Transportation and Vehicle Use
- Volunteers are not permitted to use their private vehicles for any Habitat business
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from the various volunteer locations. Habitat will not reimburse volunteers for travel expenses or mileage
Ready to get started in making a difference in the lives of families?
Fill out the form below to become a Habitat PEI volunteer!
Questions? Visit our FAQ page or email email@example.com for more information.