- Warehouse Assistant
- Product Tester
- Inventory Management
- Customer Service
Short interview with longtime volunteer, Frank.
Volunteer Role: Habitat ReStore Volunteer
Would you like to see a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live? Do you have a flair for organizing, a passion for great customer service and an interest in reusing and recycling? Is flexibility in your schedule important to you?
Yes? Then our Habitat for Humanity PEI ReStore Volunteer opportunity is for you!
In support of our homebuilding activity, we operate retail home improvement stores called Habitat ReStore. Our location sells new and used donated home furnishings, appliance and renovation materials to the public at a fraction of the original price. Revenue generated through ReStore sales help cover the cost to build homes for future Habitat homeowners.
What you need to know:
- An orientation session is required before your first volunteer shift.
- All volunteers must be a minimum of 16 years old.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 require a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- The minimum shift is 4 hours
- Morning, afternoon, and weekend shifts are available
- Tasks may include customer service, product display, pricing, assembly and repair
- Due to the physical nature of some of the tasks required, ReStore volunteers may be asked to lift heavy objects (bathroom fixtures, windows, doors, etc.)
- Able to lift 10-20 pounds and be on your feet for several hours at a time.
- Volunteers are required to wear CSA approved green label safety shoes.
- Come with a willingness to learn from experienced volunteers and staff and to work as part of a team.
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm, flexibility and a sense of humor is always key!
- Tasks are not always glamorous, so be prepared to do a variety of things.
- Gain practical experience
- Meet new people and network with like-minded individuals
- Give back to your community and help raise funds for affordable home ownership
- Help the environment by giving new life to gently used items, reducing our collective carbon footprint
- Letters of confirmation for hours volunteered (Minimum 40 hours for this)
Ready to get started in making a difference in the lives of families?
Fill out the form below to become a Habitat PEI Volunteer today!